Having asked for a Bluetooth option in my last review of the Arcam irDAC I, Arcam, now in their 40th Anniversary year, set about my request and the Arcam irDAC II has duly been released! Based on the first incarnation it should be a real blockbuster. With a high performance 24 bit 192 kHz ESS Sabre DAC, an internal circuit upgrade, and audiophile grade headphone amplifier (from the A49 integrated amplifier) and Bluetooth aptX streaming, this little wizard has all the requirements for must have performance on the desktop or in the lounge.
Arcam irDAC II Technical Specification
– 6 Digital inputs 2 x Coax, 2 x Optical & Asynchronous USB, plus Bluetooth aptX Low Latency
– Full 24/192 and DSD128 support
– ESS ES9016 Sabre DAC
– Fixed & variable analogue output
– IR remote control handset
– High-end audiophile-grade circuitry
– High-quality headphone amplifier, 3.5mm output jack
– Stylish cast aluminium anti-vibration casework
The Arcam irDAC II is on its way to hifiandmusicsource.com so check in next week to hear how it performs.